Thursday, November 3, 2011

New Bedtime Tradition

Tonight JJ and I tried something new. Instead of reading a book at bedtime we made up a story together. It was a story about a boy named JJ and his sister named Reese. JJ woke up one day and was the "king of the world" and he got to choose what he wanted to be. The first day he chose to be a bird and fly above the trees, the second day he chose to be a monkey swinging through the trees, and the third day he chose to be a frog hopping around. Every night he went to sleep tired from the day's activities. One day he woke up and realized that he wanted to be himself and he spent the day with his family and was super happy. Every time JJ said "YEAH!" when I told him he was the king of the world. At the end of the story he said, "more!". I told him that we would come up with another story tomorrow. I tucked him in bed and as always as I got to the door and he was standing up in his crib holding his blanket saying "uh oh!". He then wants me to tuck him in again. I love that little game that we play.

No comments:

Post a Comment