Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Night of Firsts

Reese was all set for her first big girl ride in the her new car seat. We were on our way to Costco, just the three of us.  It was going to be my first attempt at shopping without Reese being in a carrier.  The night was going well.  We picked up Reese's first birthday invitations, JJ was enjoying his samples, and Reese was enjoying the opportunity to sit next to her brother up where the "big kids" sit.  Everything was going well until we got outside.  When we got to the car I told JJ that I was going to put Reese in first.  As I was trying to unbuckle her it would not budge.  I couldn't get her out.  I tried for 2 minutes.  JJ was yelling that he wanted to go in the car and Reese refused to keep her hat on in the cold weather.  So I did the only thing that I could think of...... I took out my Swiss Army knife and I cut the strap that was keeping her in.  First time I ever did that.  Other than that, it was a great night!  Sorry Costco. =-(

No comments:

Post a Comment