Thursday, May 1, 2014

A heart felt goodbye

Today JJ woke up as I was about to leave for school.  He went to go lay in bed with his daddy as he always does in the morning to watch his morning cartoon.  I gave him kisses and hugs and said goodbye.  I went out to the living room to go get my coat and I heard his footsteps running down the hallway. He ran right past me towards the back door and just stood there. When I call out his name he ran back to me with tears in his eyes. He told me thought that I'd already left and he wanted to say goodbye again. I picked him up and I told him that he didn't need to cry that mommy would pick him up from school later.  With tears rolling down in a quivering voice he told me that he did not want me to go to school today. I naturally replied that I did not want to either, but in six weeks I would be able to stay home every day.  He then told me that six weeks was too long away. I had him walk me towards the door gave them a hug and said I had to go and started to walk out. He stopped me and said no mom I need another hug and a kiss.  He then told me I hope you drive safe and stay healthy. I told him thank you and that I love you. I closed the door and walked towards the car. I then heard the door open and JJ, with a big smile, stood there waving to me. Wow, those are the kind of send offs that make a person want to call in sick to work.  5/1/14

No comments:

Post a Comment