Friday, July 8, 2011

Big Boy Books

JJ noticed the other day all of the "big boy books," as I like to call them, in his closet. I call them big boy books because they are not board books and they are only books that I allow big boys to read after their naps and before bedtime. JJ LOVES these books! He loves them so much that they seem to be the only books that he wants to read. Every night I let him pick out a big boy book that we read together. One of the most recent ones is, "If You Take a Mouse to the Movies" and "If You Give a Pig a Pancake". I then showed JJ the stuffed mouse and pig that go along with the books. They were instant friends. I noticed that after a couple of days. JJ was talking with them, reading to them, and playing different games with them. JJ even wanted mouse to sit and watch Little Einstein's with him. This is the first time that I have seen him use his imagination and I don't think I have seen anything cuter. Thanks mom for making this memory happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment