Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wow, Busy Day!!

All I have to say is that any parent who thinks they want to take two children under the age if two, to a park by themselves should really rethink it. Throughout the summer I'm trying to think of different things that we can do. I thought about how we have gone to the library and have had some play-dates so I told JJ that we were going to the park. In JJ fashion he said, "ooh.". I packed us a little lunch if peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, fruit snack, a banana, and a beverage. I packed everything up and we headed to Lakeside Park in Caledonia. As we pulled up (around 11:30) I got everyone out and grabbed all the bags, cooler, blanket, and stroller. We rolled up to the playground. JJ immediately wanted to play on the big kids equipment and Reese at the same time wanted to get out of the stroller. This should have been my sign to go home, but I didn't. I got JJ to go to the little equipment and he climbed right up on it and wanted to go down the slides. He would stand at the top of them running in place and then go to the top of the other slide. He did this for a bit before he finally went down one. I finally put Reese in the baby Bjorne which helped, but it was now getting really hot out. I got JJ to sit down on the blanket by the slide to eat our lunch. I kept having to wipes his hands to keep them clean, while at the same time Reese wants to eat. Kids are now coming over from the dual graduation parties going on just a little bit away from us and. JJ is "eating" his PB&J sandwich with one hand and picking up wood chips with the other. I had arched my limit. Then picked everything up, chased JJ down (he tried to keep playing with the kids on the playground), got in the car and left. Great Times!
Later that night Jim and I took the kids to Campau Corner for some ice cream. We met up with the Coates family. JJ didn't eat any of his ice cream, was constantly running around chasing Tana, and then proceeded to fall off of the tall planter landing on his knees and finally hitting his head. Needless to say, I was so glad when we got home safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment