Friday, July 22, 2011

Such a Helpful Son

Today we spent most of the day hanging out as a family. Jim had a later game so we were able to play, laugh, and have fun as an entire family. JJ was super helpful today. Before Reese went down to bed he emptied some of the clean clothes from one of the baskets in the living room into another one then proceeded to take it to Reese's room. We filled up his basket with all of her dirty clothes. As he tried to lift it he realized that it was too heavy and he looked up to me. I showed him that he could push it instead, and that's just what he did. He pushed it into his room, got all of his dirty clothes. He then pushed it through the living room where he picked up a few burp cloths off the ground and threw them into the basket. He then continued to push the laundry basket to the laundry room where he stopped right in front of the washer and began to put the clothes in. He was carefully placing them in the washer then he closed the door. I out the detergent in and we started it. He then picked up the laundry basket and put it in front of the dryer where he knew the clothes were done. As I opened it up his blanket was the first thing he saw. He put his head on it (inside of the dryer), sniffed it, then pulled it out. I was left with the rest of the items, but that was ok.
As I put JJ to bed tonight we did our typical routine, but as I put him in his crib he saw one of his Easter eggs that he must have gotten out of a drawer. He asked for it so I gave it to him. As I gave it to him I told him that I would put a liitle kiss in it so that he could open it up later if he wanted. Of course he opened it up right away, laughed, then gave it back to me to refill. I did, said good night and went to check on Reese. As I did I heard him scream out so I went back into him room to check on him. The egg had fallen behind his crib and he couldn't get it. He was standing there crying with tears coming down his face. I picked up the egg, put another kiss in it and handed it back to him. He gently set it on his matress and sat down to read one of his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment