Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Tummy's Rumblin!

The first day of school was a complete success. There were no tears and actually a rush to get into the classrooms. Jim had dropped them off at school and I pick them up. As I approached JJ's class he was  busy reading a book in the library. Too busy to acknowledge his mother, thus the teacher was unsure that I was his mother and asked to see some identification of which I had left in the car :-(.  After I retrieved my license I gave a hug to a reluctant child and we went off to find his locker. He was telling me about the day as we set out for his sister who was on the playground.  When we spotted Reese she was sitting on the teachers lap. The teacher informed me that it took them 20 minutes to figure out that Reese was saying, "my Tummy's Rumblin!"  They proceeded to tell me that Reese is a very hungry little girl (like I don't already know).  They said that they gave her three snacks and her tummy was still rumblin.  That's my girl!  On the way home I asked them about their day but all Reese could say is, "I want a lunch able!"  Over and over and over.  By the time we got home she was in full meltdown and started to cry for her daddy saying that she didn't like school.  I mean who would like school when they only give you 3 snacks:-).

No comments:

Post a Comment