Tuesday, September 10, 2013

She's a growing girl

I picked JJ up from school first today and he was still more interested in the puzzle he was working on than the fact that his mom, who missed him all day, was there to pick him up.  We looked in his box for papers and packed up his backpack. We then raced down to the gym where Reese's class was.  As always, when I spotted Reese she was sitting on e teachers lap.  I said, "hi Reese!" And her eyes lit up.  She jumped down off her teachers lap and ran to give me a hug.  She told me, "I missed you so much mom, I need you." The teacher then told me that around 5 Reese starts to ask for food and her mom.  She told me that they made a craft today, a fruit loop necklace. Reese was apparently super hungry as she ate her entire necklace. They then let her make another necklace which she also ate.  The teacher just laughed it off and said, "it's ok though, she's a growing girl." When I asked Reese about her necklace she asked me if I wanted to see it as she tapped her belly.  I told her that it looked really pretty.   She held my hand and said, "I love you so much mom!"  This way my favorite part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment