Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Day in the Life

We had a family outing today to our first real garage sales of the season. As we headed out Jim reminded me that we do not need anymore toys. I half way listened ;-). At our first stop we found some clothes for Reese and Jim found a deer lamp made out of deer hooves. I was super excited about it, but not as much as Jim. Oh well, for a $1 how could we pass it up. Anyway, our next stop was nothing much, but our final garage sale I spotted a sand and water table and JJ spotted a Lego table. Needless to say we walked away with both :-). As we got back into the car Jim said, "JJ, i thought I told mommy no more toys, but I guess mommy didn't hear me as usual.". I listen, it's just called selective hearing.

When we got home JJ helped me with the laundry (like always), putting dirty clothes into the washer, transferring the washed clothes to the dryer, then helping me fold the laundry and put it away. However, whenever he helps me put things away they always seem to end up in his pajama drawer. After laundry it was nap time so he searched through his books and picked one out to read as he fell asleep.

2 hours into his nap I heard my son cry out then silence. I waited a few more minutes and heard nothing. I figured he had gone back to sleep. About a half an hour later I thought I would check on him. As I opened the door to his room I saw him sitting in the corner of his crib with a book in his hands. He looked up at me like I had just disturbed his reading time. Super cute. What a good boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment