Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Day of Milestones

Today was an amazing day for Reese. The day started out very well with Reese waking me up at 6:30. She was all smiles of course and after she finished her bottle we were playing around. After playing I put her in her bouncer because she was getting tired. After a little bit I noticed that her whole hand was in her mouth, but within a minute she had managed to convert that into just her thumb. As she sucked on her thumb I could tell that she was very pleased with herself as a smile kept creeping across her face.
Then we had a fun first day of summer. We had a last minute garage sale, which went well. Then we went to Nana's for a summer kickoff cook out. It went so well. JJ and Reese did so well. JJ was the hit of the home again. He kept going up to the residents and smiling and waving. He had his first hotdog (when Jim found out he was not to thrilled. Ha ha). He was feeding the ducks and the staff gave him 9 balloons to take home. As we packed up the car JJ wanted to make sure that he had his balloons. I kept telling him that Kiki was putting the balloons in the back of the car, but he must not have believed me because he said, "I want it!". I was so proud of him. Kiki must have been too because she ripped a balloon out of the bouquet and gave it to JJ. Then we went to the car wash and JJ didn't cry. :). Finally when we got home, JJ and I were having our bedtime snack and Reese was playing on her mat. We were sitting watching her and SHE ROLLED OVER!! I couldn't believe it. What a great kick-off to summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment