Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I will miss these days.

At this point I feel so blessed with all that God has given me. As we were going through our nightly routine it started as Reese was closing her beautiful little eyes while eating. As I laid her down she smiled, put her little fingers in her mouth, and closed her eyes and fell asleep. I then went back to the living room where I joined JJ as he finished watching his favorite show, Little Einstein's. As he is fixed on rocket zooming past the Sphinx I'm watching him and thinking how lucky I am to have him in my life. When the show is done he gets off the couch, we brush his teeth and then go to his room. He picked out 2 books to read and we changed into his pj's. He was rubbing his eyes showing me how truly exhusted he was from all of our activities today. We sat down in his chair and we read two books. He was trying to tell me the names of the animals and helping me count various things on the pages. He then put his books in his crib (that he will read out loud after I leave). We sang out little song and danced (he was singing out loud with me). When I put him in his crib we said our prayers as he held my hands and he closed his eyes. What a wonderful moment as a parent. When we were all done he said amen, "or something similar to it" and gave me a kis goodnight. As I walked out of the room he was smiling and blowing me kisses. This was such a great moment, one that could make me cry. These are times that parents dream of. Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment