Friday, June 24, 2011

First Summer trip to the cottage

Today was a great day. We got up to the cottage on Thursday night. Great trip up with me, the kids, and Slyder. On the way up Reese slept the whole way, and JJ slept for 40 minutes, but he was a trooper watching the Bee Movie (with no sound). The sleeping arrangement was a bit tricky. Jj refused to sleep in his portacrib so he slept with me. He was the opposite way so his feet were by my head. Reese decided that she wanted to sleep on her stomach so I was constantly waking up to check on her. Although I did not get a lot of sleep I did love beng able to watch my baby boy and baby girl sleep. On Friday my mom, JJ, Reese, and myself got up and went to the local farmers market in Elk Rapids. It was slightly raining, but everyone was a trooper and we bought some carnal corn, which JJ just loved! He couldn't get enough of it. After the naps we went into Traverse City to go to Meijers and Khols. On the way JJ was kicking the set I asked him to stop and he kept doing it. So I asked him if he wanted a timeout and he shook his head yes.

1 comment:

  1. Papa and I are so excited to have Allison, JJ, and Reese up here at the cottage. We are having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete