Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wow, what a Day!

Let me start by saying that I was ready for a break by 9:00am today. I had two kids crying and Reese had been up since 6:00am. After breakfast we loaded up and headed to the library for family story time. JJ was still crying till we got out of the car and headed into the library. Once we got in there he was amazing. He actually listened to the stories that were being read and his dancing skills were in rare form. Despite one story where he went to start the craft early, he did great. It was so funny because at the end of the time the woman leading the story time was reading a book I Spy, at the end of the book there is a hole in it for the kids to look through. She said, "what do you spy?". One boy shouted out, "a boob!". It was hilarious. We then ventured out into the library where JJ was playing with all of the fun things in the children's section. His main focus was on the kitchen section. It was so cute, he was grabbing the play food along with other things and playing with other kids that were there. JJ's main task that he took upon himself was to pick up everything and put it back in it's spot. He enjoyed picking up after others. Then we went in a scavenger hunt for Katie L, the library elephant. We found her hiding in the top of a tall wall, so went and told the librarian and JJ got a sticker, which he then went and put on the KDL elephant cutout. As we left he was sad of course, but he had picked out a great big board book to read so he was happy. We enjoyed our day and had some ups and downs (4 timeouts to be exact). Then some friends came over to hang out, Elissa and Laura. We had a great time and the kids really enjoyed having them over too. JJ was the star of the show of course with his dancing skills. Than as we said goodbye, JJ and I did our nightly routine. We read his new library book and I told him that he had to be very, very, careful with the book while reading it in bed. Well, he did not listen. I was hearing him read the story then I heard silence. I thought that he had fallen asleep so I went into his room to get the book. To my horror he was ripping off the front cover. Pieces of it were everywhere in and outside of the crib. I told him how disappointed I was in him. As his bottom lip began to get bigger and bigger I had to tell him that although I love him, he will not be checking out any books from the library anytime soon since mommy was now going to have to buy this book. He shook his head yes and I told him to lay down and go to sleep, and that he did. Ugh, I'm so upset with myself. Now I have to pay $20 for a book that I never would have bought in the first place. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment